Sunday, July 18, 2010

Siemens Run - 18 July 2010

After running 7km yesterday, I just wanted to go slow as the medal offered was 350 for my category.

But when I reach there today early morning, I say a guy in my category with bib strting with A98*. Damn, there are more than 900 in my category.

I usualy go to the starting lane 10 minutes before tha race. But today, I had to go to toilet twice to clear all the "outgoing calls". As I reached the starting point, it was so pack that they asked me to go right at the back which is 100M from starting lane.

What the heck? So I just stand by the side, at the pavement and started the race. Thats what you call "legally cheat".

I saw so many of them already in front including Suresh, kei Ming, Thurai, Chen Pong Pong. I couldn't push much. As I overtook thurei and Suresh at Bank Negara, I just maintained the pace.

I know it's going to be hilly task, but manage it through. Good part was, there 4 water station and 1 100+ station. That kept me hydrated througout the race.

When I was at Bkt Tunku, I saw a Chinese Lady overtaking me. I just followed he from behind till Parliment. Then I manage to overtake her.

As we reach Bank negara again, my thigh felt like heavy, but I still pushed as the juniors were also running with us for the last 3 km.

They were a bit of disturbance as they were slow runners and made it though for me to overtake them. At maju Junction, I saw Rozmi Yunus. I finished behind him yesterday. So I though I can overtake him today. So I just followed him from the back.

When he saw Dataran Merdeka, he sprinted to finishing lane and I didn't had energy to push anymore. At last Finished in 49th placing with timing of 46:21 minutes.

After finishing the race, they gave goodie bag and there was Lipton greaan tea counter giving out can drinks. I just went there and grabbed the maximum that I could and realise that I had 27 cans. Then Nature's Valley biscuit of 7 packets with 1 doxen banana and 3 bottle fo mineral water.

What a marvelous run and worth it for the money paid.

No comments: