Sunday, July 25, 2010

Lessons for Life

Everyday we come across different types of people. Last week I meet and had short chat with 3 people which I felt was a worthy one.

First Person: A Finance Manager in A Listed Company
I know him as I audit the company that he is working. He worked in more than 5 companies and he was even posted to London for a shipping company.
His advise to me was:
- There no end to the world
- Enjoy your life
- If you feel what you are doing is not enjoyable, then do something else
- Live life to the fullest

Second Person: A Carpet Shop Owner
I met him at Gym and he is in his late 50s. He lost RM18million during 1997 Crisis.
His advise was:
- Nothing in life is EASY. You have to work for it.
- Don't give up in life and have the COURAGE to live. It's always a test of survival.
- Make use of whatever skills that you have but do things ethically.
- If god takes 2 dollar from you now, he will give back 10times more in future.

Third Person: Optical Shop Owner
I know him from Toastmasters and I always goes to for my Specs since 4 years ago.
His advise was:
- Don't rush for things. Pace yourself properly in life.
- Don't simply compare yourself with others. Others cant be like you.
- Earn rightfully without cheating anyone.


Overall, what I learnt from these 3 people was "Whatever happens, Life has to go on"

No comments: