Monday, July 5, 2010

IAFG 2010 - 3 July 2010

One of my aim/target this year was to get back my gold medal which I lost it last year. Though I couldnt train that much compared to last year due to heavy workload, but I had determination to go for the gold.

The venue was new this year, "Panasonic Sports Complex" and the time was at 5pm. It's always difficult for me to manage my diet should the event is held during evening.

When the race started, there were 7 of us and the defending champion was not around as he has resigned. So the favourite was me. I had tremendous pressure as teh whole team was looking up to me. I felt like Lee Chong Wei ( If I loose, the whole team will loose).

The race started, DKC runner lead the pack and I followed him. After 50M, he slowed down and I overtook him and lead the pack. The group started to break and KPMG runner was following me from the back.

I went on slow pace to let him to overtake me, but he didn't wanted to overtake me and just kept following me behind.

2 nd lap gone, 3rd lap gone. When comes to final lap, Iknew I need to increase my pace else I might be in danger. So I incresaed and he couldnt follow me after that. The crow was cheering for me. I could hear that. I tried my level best to increase my pace further and went all out in final 100M and grabbed my glory.

There were cameraman taking my pictures although my fgace looks like half dead. Feel like "hero" for the day. All runners came shaking hands with me. When I went to the grand stand, I got to know that the KPMG guy slowed down in final lap and only got 3rd place.

My timing was 5:15 (personal worst), but I didnt target timing this year. My aim was only on Gold Medal.

Then, after all events, came 4x400M where I was one of the runner. The 1st runner got off with good start, but got muscle pull at final 200M. That allowed 3 runners to overtake him. The 2nd runner amnage to overtake 2 runners and gave the baton on 2nd place. The 3rd runner ran and closed the gap to 100M btw the 1st place. When the baton was passed to me, KPMG was close to us at 3rd place.

I just shooted off, but the KPMG runner manage to close gap with me. But he got tired towards last 200M and gave up chasing me. But my speed increased and mage to close the gap btw champion with 50M. But end of the day, we had to settle for a silver.

Its alright, atleast we finished with something.

Whatever it is, I felt satisfied with then gold medal. Maybe my last gold medal for IAFG.

No comments: