Sunday, July 18, 2010

LARIAN FIESTA MUZIUM TELEKOM 17 July 2010


After missing last week's CENTRO run, I wanted to increase my fitness. I didn't had much training after my IAFG 2 weeks ago.

So I decided to go for the run at very last moment. I went to register for the run on Friday and they game me goodie bag which had only a tissue paper with T-Shirt. Surprisingly, They even inserted the certificate of completion. never even start to run, but got certificate already.

During the starting of the race, I got stuck at behind, as the starting lane was narrow. I had to rush in front for the next 500M so that i can place myself in top50. That took of my energy. Then, we went into KL Tower where it's a hilly task for 1.5km. I manage to overtake some runners there and recovered my energy when I'm coming down from the hill.

As we were approaching KLCC, I saw Amutha in front of me. I didn't overtake her but just "run after her" by maintaining a decent gap. When I reach at the Kg.Baru Junction, saw Jeya walking and I knew it was final 2km before the completion, so I over took Amutha and moved forward.

When I reached Standard Chartered, I saw Kei Ming in front of me. I over took him but he still paced me from behind. I increased my pace as I thought the finishing lane is nearby. Suddenly, the official asked us to turn into St.John Church. Damn, that's another hilly task.

I had to slow down and Kei Ming overtook me again. After St.John school, I knew it's only another 500M, so I overtook kei Ming again and just went all out till the finishing lane.

Glad that I got 11th position with timing of 32.00 minutes.

After that is the fun part:

1. They only gave us 1 bottle of mineral water and a bun. Where got enough? At least give us more water or Isotonic drink lah.

2. The water stations were hidden at bus stop. I couldn't see the 1st water station. The 2nd one was at the side at the corner junction where the lady was not ready with the water. Why can they put it on the road so that it will be visible to everyone.

3. We had to wait for 3 hours for the medal. Why cant they give it at finishing lane itself. That would make our life even easier.

4. The medal was a "plastic medal", remembers my school days. So "cheap skate".

5. The way they manage the distribution of medal was also in a mess. We had to go to 2nd floor and Q up for the medal and it was like pasar malam inside there. I had to collect for Suresh and Kei Ming and these people gave me "Wanita terbuka" medal. What The F***? I had to go back to them and ask for replacement.

6. The best part for top 3 winners, the cash price was reduced and was not informed. Those runners were damn pissed off.

I just wonder, we are using the land line and most of us are using their Streamyx and Celcom. Why can they be more heart full to give our more goodies as to appreciate for our loyalty.

Hope they can do something better in future.

No comments: