Sunday, July 25, 2010

Leaders are Dealers of Hope

I was area Governor for B1 in 2008/2009. Of course its challenging to manage 5 clubs at 1 go. Furthermore, one of the club was in Kerteh and the rest were along LDP Highway @ Damansara. It's definitely pressurising with top 2 district officers are from area.

In addition, I was also involved in road races and participated in more than 15 races during the year. Apart from that, I was also given the honour to be team captain for my firms athletics team and I had to keep up the training and motivation of the team to defend mine and the firms title and I MADE IT.

Moreover, I had to jumped from Deloitte to EY during the term where I had to manage the culture change in the firm. Adding to that, I had mega change/promotion in my life which was "I got MARRIED". I was even following up with my area progress from India with my area members.

I achieved and performed all these, but I didn't complain and proved that I'm a capable leader by exceeding all the targets set in my area except for chartering new club which slipped at dying seconds.

BUT looking at Area B1 Governor of 2009/2010:

1. He too had change from student's life to working life, but he failed to manage it.

2. We never knew what was going on in the area as he was rarely communicating with us. (Once in a Blue Moon)

3. Area contest that he organised was DAMN screwed up, where he got role players whom doesn't know what to do.

4. He was no even capable of getting external role players for independence purpose. The worst thing was getting same test speaker as the club contest where it gave advantage from that particular club contestants. And all he said was, I didn't know much people. That's a lame excuse.

5. When he got injured on his legs, he use that as reason of not taking care of the clubs.
All he could have done is ask people for advice and learn from predecessors, which he didn't do it.

whatever, things are over. Hope he learn something from this mistakes.

No comments: