Thursday, February 25, 2010
1) Nicol David (squash world champion)
2) Dr Jemilah Mahmood (founder of Mercy Malaysia)
3) Lee Chong Wei (badminton Olympic silver medalist, Beijing Games)
4) Lat aka Mohd Nor Khalid (cartoonist)
5) Jimmy Choo (shoe designer)
6) Adibah Noor (singer/actress)
7) Michelle Yeoh (Hollwood actor)
8) Jins Shamsuddin (veteran actor)
9) Afdlin Shauki (aka Chief Kodok, actor/comedian)
10) Chef Wan (chef)
11) Paduka Sharifah Mazlina (adventurer, first Malaysian woman Antarctic Solo Expeditor)
12) Misbun Sidek (badminton coach)
13) Ivy Josiah (executive Director, Women’s Aid Organisation)
14) Marina Mahathir (AIDS advocate)
15) Aznil Nawawi (actor/compere)
16) M Nasir (singer)
17) Zang Toi (designer)
18) Rashid Sidek (badminton player)
19) Jailani Sidek (badminton world champion)
20) Gurmit Singh K.S. (executive director of the Centre for Environment)
21) Amy Mastura (singer)
22) Sheila Majid (singer)
23) Siti Nurhaliza (singer)
24) Shebby Singh (former football coach, football presenter)
25) Razif Sidek (badminton player)
26) Jaclyn Victor (Malaysian Idol)
27) Maya Karin (actress, television personality and singer)
28) Ahmad Idham (movie director)
29) Harith Iskandar (comedian, actor)
30) Erma Fatima (actor)
31) Ramli Ibrahim (choreographer)
32) Sheikh Muszaphar Shukor (astronaut)
33) Irene Fernandez (migrant worker activist)
34) Kee Thuan Chye (dramatist, poet and journalist)
35) Aziz M. Osman (director)
36) Tiara Jacquelina (actress/producer)
37) Alex Yoong (race car driver)
38) Asha Gill (television personality)
39) Fish Leong (singer)
40) Soo Kui Jien (tv presenter)
41) Mano Maniam (Fulbright scholar/actor)
42) Deanna Yusoff (actress)
43) Sharifah Amani (actress)
44) Reshmonu (singer)
45) Lee Sinje(actress)
46) Ning Baizura (singer)
47) Ella aka Norzila binti Haji Aminuddin (singer)
48) Lillian Too (feng shui master)
49) Awie (singer-actor)
50) Azwan Ali (TV host)
But I dont see any sign of good economy. Prices of goods are increasing. Bribery is still performed everywhere. Ringgit is still weaker compared to USD, British Pounds and Sing Dollar.
People's mentality is still not at the civilised status.
Our smart policemen still investigating. Few months ago we had chuches attacked. Now the Cinesee Temple. Next, will be Hindu temple is it?
The security is deteriating day to day basis. We sau we are in a peaceful country, but looks like it's no more.
I took up the challenge as the organising chair. I appointed the club Presidents as my organising team members. Everything was going on smoothly, till 1st warning appeared where Ananda resigned as President of EY and "R Factor" took over from January'2010. Yet, Ananda allocated his responsibility to Tess Lau, the committee Member.
I taught everything will go on smoothly, but on 15th Feb, the "R Factor" called me and started to make fuss. His remarks:
1. I'm instructing you to amend the agenda and I want to see it tomorrow
2. I want TME role
3. I know everything. No need to teach me.
I was like " What the F***".
The the call followed by stupid email from him which was CC'ed to all other presidents and Division Governor.
His remarks were:
- Cost of food has to be allocated to each club
- I didn't do a good job
- EY will not be responsible of anything
I replied the email, but he gave me a 2nd call and argued again few days later.
He said that:
- I'm incompetent leader
- EY members wont corporate with me
- Anything pertaining to his members, I should go through him
- Although EY is allocated fund for food but he wont sponsor the event
- He asked me to prepare agenda, to get timekeeper, to order food but for name sake the club will be the host.
- I told him to pull out but he was reluctant.
Followed with another spam of email to everyone by him to tarnish my name. He said that I couldn't get accurate figure of the attendees although I got the rough number and also he doesn't like my back up plans.
I have told him that I'm the organising chair but he said that he is the President of the club (He has been the president for 5 time in 10years and also 2 consecutive times as Area Governor). He wanted to take charge of everything and never respect the organising chair.
Then, I just asked the other Presidents wheter we should boycott them or not, some said the want to boycott BUT some realising his attitude said just include them this round and it wont be nice to boycott people in Toastmasters.
Thus I continued my job and i received support from other club members and their willingness to help me.
The DDay came, I ordered food for 50people though he told me that 68 people are coming. But some stupid things he did during the meeting:
1. There were only 12 people although he told there will be 24 of them.
2. Total people present were only less than 45 compared to his 68.
3. He told me to find timer at last moment as their members are already loaded with jobs (childish excuse)
4. Div B Governor, could not make it, she told the "R Faktor" and that idiot went and did the opening speech without communicating with me.
5. He ask me to break for dinner earlier but I went and clarified with the tea lady and they said no hurry.
6. He just gave empty promises of being good host. Over promising, under delivering.
But I feel satisfied that I manage to go through the hassle with this idiot and he realise that I'm not loser. Nest year no more joint meeting with EY. Unless, R faktor get lost somewhere. That feller dont even know how to do proper club accounts and minutes. Cant speak properly but call himslef as DTM.
Sunday, February 21, 2010
I just registered yesterday as I got stuck with my job. I paid RM10 and:
1.no tshirt given
2. no proper food, only milo, 100+ n cereal.
3. no cash price
4. shoes given to winners was worth only RM20
5. the shoes were wrong size (1 size 9 and 1 size 7)
6. no cash voucher
7. medals were not stated with positions (as promised)
I think FTAA is really doing bad. They charge RM30 for cross country, which is just exhoubident. Dont tell me they cant find sponsor. Bullshit. Looks like too many insider trading.
Anyway, come back to my story, as I started the race, I followed Amutha but she went too slow as she is still recovering from the Putrajaya Marathon. This made the rest to vertake me and go.
Thus, from bank negara onwards, i was packed inside like sardine. Then slowly i overtook people. When came to tijani hill, Ronnie overtook me, then alam shah. I tried to keep pacing with them but couldnt.
After half way mark, there was water station, but no water but 100+. I couldnt drink much as people were following me from the back.
Luckily after the water station, I paced a veteran n he paced me till parlimen. When I reached parlimen, I realised there was another pelathon following me . Damn, I increased my pace and get out from them.
But Thurei managed to overtake me. When I cane to final 500M, I pushed myself and overtook, nearly 10 of them and closed gap with Thurei. Then when reaching final 200M, I realised Guna was oin front of me, Thus i pushed my self and overtook him.
The pace made me to match Thurei and another guy. we were head to head, but Thurei and other guy manage to pip me as their sprinting skills were better than mine for the last 50M.
Whatever i was placed 34th out of 500.
Looking for Bareno run on 14th March.
27.13 - Murali Nathan (5th)
30.50 - Naresh Kumar, Pm37 (15th)
31.54 - Kenny Tan, Pm27 (25th)
32.08 - Ronnie See, Pm1 (27th)
32.15 - Fauzan Ismail, Pm24 (28th)
32.35 - Stanley Cheong, Pm53 (30th)
32.39 - Meyyappa Manickam(34th)
32.45 - Gunaselan Rajagopal, Pm39 (36th)
34.20 - Andrew Chan, Pm59 (00th)
34.43 - Chen Keat Hoong, Pm8 (00th)
34.52 - Suresh, Pm47 (00th)
34.55 - Wong Kei Ming, Pm55 (56th)
35.01 - Gaby Chau (58th)
35.27 - Rujhan Mohamad (67th)
35.30 - William Chan, Pm36 (69th)
36.36 - Liew Chen Kwok (84th)
36.33 - Ghejanthran (86th)
37.08 - Ryan Teoh, Pm17 (98th)
37.55 - Nazib Ngainin, Pm14 (112th)
45.30 - Lee Yin Fook, Pm40 (251st)
Sunday, February 14, 2010
The new scoring system of 25-18-15-12-10-8-6-4-2-1 for the first 10 drivers in a race had been agreed.
Initially, it was 15-13-10-8-5-3-2-1. Prior to 2002, it was 10-8-5-3-2-1.
Lets wait and see if they are going to change it again in future.
Saturday, February 13, 2010
TNB won 4-2 penalty strokes after both teams tied at 1-1 after extra time. I liked to watch the semifinal and finals as the teams will give all they can to win the championship.
There were no entrance fee charged BUT still there were few spectators. The stadium was only filled 40%. Even the supporters were from TNB and SAPURA.
This is the time to introduce the games to our children and ensure we do not lack of talent for this sports.
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Damn, my name was not in the list. I knew my chip sounded when I started the race and when I crosses the finishing lane. Bloddy hell, otherwise, I should be in top10.
Looks like the organisers really screwed up this year.
Sunday, February 7, 2010
He will be the main referee for certain group matches in World Cup 2010, South Africa.
It's an honour for Malaysia and Malaysian, to judge the match. This atleast shows that we can produce good refrees.
Hope to see our players in action soon.
The defence ministry is triying to bring it back to Malaysia. Damn, It's our's man. Just sue whoever involved and keeping it. And bring it back to Malaysia.
They said the cost is RM320k each. Who's money is all this?
I dont see any agressiveness in the steps approaching to it. Damn, will you act like this if your car or van get's lost.
Where go people ask persmission. They would have staight away done it.
2. Saiful and Anwar went to Condominium at Desa Damansara
Saiful demonstrated how Anwar molested him. Don't know who's the director of the film.
3. Saiful's underwear was brought to court.
Dont tell me that they never wash that underwear.
Most importatly, why did saiful agreed to be molested/sodomised. He could have just shouted for help or run out of the condominium.
All this case are nicely created to bring down certain people and to cover ass of certain VIP.
I was suppose to run the relay event, but got cancelled due to poor response, thus I registered for 10k. Damn, even that I couldn make it.
This week, I will restart my preparation to regain my fitness level and test my status on 21 Feb ay City Day Run.