Thursday, July 1, 2010

My Vietnam Trip

Finally I got the real brea, which i wanted. My firm gave me 3 weeks break as I need to clear of all my balance leave and OT.

Thus I decided to get out from the country. My intention was to cover all ASEAN countires. I have been to Krabi, Bali and Singapore. Next stop would be Vietnam. Ho Chi Minh City(HCMC) came to my mind as there were Hindus there once upon a time and the place could turn into commercial place in years to come.

Thus, I booked the ticket. It was 2 weeks befor I fly, so it went to RM500 per person. Furthermore, I booked tour from here, thought that iot would be cheap, but later only I realise, I should have done it at HCMC itself.

1st day
-Landed at HCMC and checked into the hotel
-Went around the city to look for temple and the market
- Took dinner at KFC

2nd day
- Went to Chu Chi Tunnel
- City tour (Chatedral, Post Office and War Museum)
- Lunch at Punjabi Restraunt
- Shopping at Ben Tahn Market
- Dinner at Saigon River Cruise

3rd Day
- Mekong Delta River Tour
- Dinner at Western Restraunt

4th Day
- Visited all 3 hindu temples
- Wnet to Independent Palace
- Shopping at Ben Tahn market
- Lunch at Airport
- Sayonara


What's nice in HCMC
- Silk for ladies
- fake shirts, belt and wallet (with 60% bargain)
- marvelous massage (11 USD for 90 minutes)
- wood carvings

Funny part of HCMC
- They appreciate USD more than their currency (advantage for Malaysians)
- The weather was hotter than KL and rains only for a while dueing day time
- Gets dark at 6pm
- Motorist dont bother about signals ( I just followed Johnson's advise - Dont stop, Dont Run, Just Walk)
- Motorist horn like nobody's business
- pasengers get down from the bus without bus stopping at one point.
- Majority of the people dont know English, that was the killing part for us.


It was an educational tour for me to know how backward they are compare to Malaysia and how they suffered when US troops were there.

My advise would be just book your flight ticket and hotel. Go there and fix your tours or expeditions. That would be more economical.

No comments: