But I still took part in the half marathon Category as I dont want to miss out the event. Running 21km without proper training was risky, but with my mental power and proper pacing, amde me to finish the race.
As I reached the place, it was drizzling. That was good sign that the weather wont be humid. In addition, the route was changed as the organisers also changed.
When the race started, I went slow and didn't force myself. when we were at KL Central, Khoo Yit Kiat overtook me, then Fauzan. But, I dint bother. As the race went to Jln Loke Yew, I saw Wern Tien, and he was struggling. He told me that he had no stamina and asked me to move on.
After that was entirely new route, which was Jln Cheras till going into Jalan Bkt Bintang. At KLCC, I saw Ryan Teoh was walking because of tiredness in Marathon. That was mid point for him.
I continued the race by increasing my pace because the marathon group broke from us. There were cheers along KLCC and Jalan Tun razak which increased my momentum.
As we reached Jalan TAR, I knew it was the final 1 km. Thus I incresaed my pace and went all out till the finishing lane. My timing was 1:45.29.
That was my worst KL half marathon timing, but I dint regret as I did it without proper training.
I realise that the marathon race route was also changed this year. It went thorugh my housing area at Jalan Ipoh. Perhaps, with adequate training next year, I will come back to marathon and do it below 4hours.
What I like abt this year race
- Adequate water station at every 2km.
- Adequate officials at every turning point
- Smooth number collection
- Creative medal design
What Can be Improved
- Separate water station for 42km and 21km at finishing lane
- more goddies as we are paying RM50 and ju getting a piece of banana, milk packet and power bar
- to give power gel ad mid point of race
- to give free massage for marathon runners and not to charge RM20
- bag collection to be separated as per category of the race.
- 21km to be staretd at 6am rather than 6.15am.