Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Melaka Convention 21 to 23 Oct














It's the 1st convention being held in Melaka. Though the Ivison comprisos of 2 states but it's a challenge for the Johor people to come over to melak o organise stuff. Furthermore, the organising chair, Azizah is from Seremban.


Of course we can't compare to KL or Penang convention. But atleast they maange to get a hotel which was convinient to shopping complex, seaside and nearby to budget hotels.


I went with Singam on Friday and Valli was folowing us too. The afternoon session was usual council meeting, with excetion of clowning from Victor Ong. I did.t go for the welcome night as I was meeting my former hostel roomate and we went partiying at MOVIDA. The prices were cheaper than KL and it was buy 1, free 1.


On saturday, for the opening ceremony, we had past International prsident, Gary Schmidt and what i liked was the flag march in by the cadets was done marvelously. Speeches by Gary, Sivanganam was meeting expectation whereas Ariff made it 1 step further. I had high hopes on Papa Green where he always make me to cry with his speech. But on that day he made me to sleep during the function. Luckily I came out, else, I would have snoored.


The gala night was normal, except for the mucical instrument play by Tey Bin Yuen. I was getting nothing nor my club for awards. So I decided next year will be my year.


On sunday, the contest was close fight. The winner as usual mwas Uncle Stephen but the other 2 podium finishers taled abt politics and sex which I felt was not in good taste.


For Evaluation, Pala was clear favarite. The best rookie would have been Moganraj from JB where he presented enthusiatically on the speech but went down the stage and went over the time too. I feel like I saw myself 10 years ago.


Overall, though they had hiccups in lack of delegates, no proper rehearsal and chief guest, they still made it. The food was good with different kind of cusine. Only thing the vegetarian food was bad with just fried rice and appalam.


Am I going for the next convention.......Let's wait and See.

No comments: