Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Larian Hari Koperasi Antarabangsa - 26 Nov

This was another horrible run after Putrajaya Night run. Though I was absent from training for 2 weeks. I wanted to test myself how unfit am I.

It was only 5km and the medal offered was 150placing. So I was confident of getting into the finisher medal positions. Since it was opened only for Malaysians and cash price was awarded, it attracted the few national top runners like Venugopal and Sharudin and also some sukma and state runners.

When the run started, I got stick in the middle and the road to run became narrow as it was blocked by parked cars at both sides. So, I had to push myself to clear from the slow runners. However, since it's 5km, a strong start is required, else you will be left behind.

There were a lot of slow runners in front of me and a big group of them left the main flock. I had to push myself and manage to overtake some.

Then come a hill, where it really slowed my pace. After the hill, Kei Ming, followed me and paced me. I tried to push but the unfitness played the part. I let him to overtake me and same goes to poh Chye.

When it comes to Stadium, I knew, its the final 1km, so I pushed to the max and reduced the gap but still lost to them. My placing was 66 with timing of 25:59.

But I said "I will come back".

No comments: