Monday, November 14, 2011

Cakera Keras

"Great Power comes with Great Responsibility ", by Spiderman. But some people they made the position to be so cheap because they buttered their predecessor and there were no other candidate to take over the position.

My so called Area Governor, was not even able to resolve a problem and I felt she did took some unreasonable steps. She sent out the email on the roles and by the stating the clubs’ names. Every club’s name was stated in full except for my club and i was disappointed when i discovered this.

So I just told her to be fair, just spell out my club’ name too.There started her unreasonable arguments saying that we actually changed the name of the club and we didn't inform them on the full version. I said the Club has its name from the day it was chartered and even asked her to check TI website.

She came back to me by making reference to the Division B blog which she was managing before. Damn, which is the ultimate reference for a Club’s name, is the Div B blog or TI website? In addition, her friend went and consulted with a staff of the company and that fellow told that the company is no more known as Deloitte KassimChan and now is known as Deloitte.Unknown to all of them the management wants the club to be known as Deloitte KassimChan. We have to respect their decision.

It would have been more appropriate if both of them could have just called me to settle the case in easier manner rather than making presumptions.It is always good to get facts right then making presumption especially when one is at a leadership role.

Then, yesterday, when she was here, she assumed that I will order the food. She never even confirm with me or inform me the num of pax to order. She acted innocently by saying "I thought you will order". I told myself to be cool.Then she got some puff for vegetarians but the rest she bought chicken rice from a non halal restaurant. Damn I had Malay member. Luckily he didn't eat. Else that another issue. I gave my vegetarian puff to him.

Her opening speech was very confusing by telling us the hare and tortoise stories, which I didn't know what the moral of the story. I thought she was supposed to differentiate the leader between team player and single player.

The table topics session was was conducted with such disappointment. She had a chain story and we had to build 2 sentences from it. She created a wrong mood which made the story not interesting and we were lost in the story.We had arranged the room was in class room style and she wanted to have it on u shape. So she commanded everyone including the GE to arrange the room. She could have been polite.

Then I realised Siew Peng was evaluating Patrick when both of them were from the same club.She could have thanked the individual for making it a great outcome after all this hassle.After the meeting ended, she could have helped us to rearrange the room or ensure everything is in order instead of leaving immediately after the meeting..

For a good leader, the following ingredients are important:
1. Planning an event
2. Follow up on the task
3. Segregation of duties (no one is a superman/woman)
4. Appropriate communication through emails
5. Sense of ownership on an event or on the position itself

If you don't know ask advise from appropriate people for the relevant matter. Being an Area Governor has lots of planning or responsibility. I have been a past Area Governor so i know how challenging it is.

No comments: