Sunday, November 13, 2011

CICM Run - 13 Nov

I decided to take part in 5km, as to test hows my speed workout goes for the whole month. I knew with the flat route except for a flyover, the race will be challenging with state juniors are in the contentions. Furthermore, Jack Toh(seasoned road n track runner) made his return after long time.

When the race started, a huge number of kids overtook me and sprinted all the way until after 500M, they were tired and started walking. Maybe over excited. The front group comprises of Klang boys whom are state juniors and Jack Toh with another Melaka State Runner lead the pack.

I maintain a decent pace till the water station. Then I saw Kei Ming was chasing me from behind, I increased my speed, but then got worried of being pressurised from behind. So I allowed him tom overtake me but I was closely following him.

Reaching at the flyover, he stopped and told me his calf is aching (should be over pressurising). So I moved on and when I got down at the flyover, it's just 800M to the finishing where people were cheering for us at the finishing line.

I got 12th with timing of 22:24. I was expecting for top 10 but it's ok running with quality runners.

The refreshments were adequate. It was nasi lemak, watermelon, vico, 7up revive and water. But the nasi lemak was crap. It was merely white rice with sambal and it was a tiny packet.

My next run will be in 2 weeks time.

No comments: