Monday, November 14, 2011

Meeting with former National / Selangor Players

Last Friday, I was at Royal Selangor Club for my usual athletics practice. Upon end of the training, I went to shower and normally I will go back home. But on that day, I meet with former national player A.Jayakanthan while he was having his tea / beer with his teammates.

I approached him to say hi and he asked me to join them for a drink. So I obliged his request. Then, he introduced me to his teammates and most of them were former Selangor players. Moreover, I got introduced to K.Gunalan (former Selangor and National Player) whom played for Sea Games, Asian Games and World Cup Qualifier.

I was feeling amazed and gifted to shake hands with him and the other players and had long chat with them. I told them, I was formerly from KL athletics team and we started to chat about the current situation abt the sports in Malaysia and also the Malaysian football.

From there I got to know, Malaysia CANNOT win gold in this year's sea games. With insider politicking, money swindling, high profile recommendations and management without knowledge of the sports,racism he said, sports in Malaysia would not go far.

For him the real sportsperson recently was Nicol David and Lee Chong Wei. He said a lot of talents were not recognised because of above said reasons.

He even said some of the commentators in TV whom is commenting abt football, does not even qualified to be there.

Though I was not Selangor fan, but I always admire the team as they are MU of Malaysia in 90s and 80s. Especially for Gunalan, the Indonesian, Thailand and Singapore Strikers were scared of him if he is playing during his heydays.

My next write up will be abt him in On Dec 1. Just watch out for my article.

No comments: