Saturday, December 11, 2010

TIBI Run - 11 Dec'10

After 2 weeks without any Tournament, I went for this race to give me some moral boost. Though I knew I will have another back to back race which is Chin Woo Biathlon, but I still wanted to test my recovery and fitness level.

As the race stated 7km, I thought it would be the normal route. As the race started, I made a moderate beginning and catch up after 1km. Upon reaching Tijani hill, I saw runners turning right side, when normal route is actually straight. So, I just followed the crowd. Then, there was a left turn which gave a grand challenge to all of us.

There was a steep slope going upwards around 1km which really gave us a challenge. I tried to push myself, but really my strength was lacking at uphills.

I followed Bee Hoon from the half way mark. There was a water station just after the hill, which enabled us to refresh ourselves. Upon reaching Parliament, I increased my pace and broke away from Bee Hoon and the pelathon and just pushed myself towards the finishing lane.

My timing was 33:34. I knew the distance wasn't 7km but more. Though they didn't give the placing, I knew I was in top 20 which was within my expectation.

At least was a good preparation for my Biathlon tomorrow.

No comments: