Monday, December 27, 2010

MELAKA COASTAL RUN - 26 DEC'10

This was my season ending race. Thus, I wanted to leave mark and make it a sweet finishing. It was also my first race in Melaka more over in Southern region.

I left with Kei Ming on Saturday evening and stayed near Jonker Street. The traffic within Melaka city was terrible, mainly due to Jonker walk events. I manage to reach the Ayer Keroh Toll within 1 hour 30 minutes, but to reach to Jonker street took another 2 hours.

After our dinner, we went through Jonker Street and witness the happening moments and bought some dodol.

The next day, we had to park abt 500M before the starting point itself. The race was officiated by CM of Melaka, Datuk Ali Rustam. I thought the route would be a flat one, but it had a flyover which broke the group.

As the race started, I maintained my position within top20. The route went through Mahkota Parade and the coastal side of Melaka. Thus I could smell the sea side and dead fish. After 500, I ensured nobody overtakes me. They had ushers along the way and also one water station in between.

After coming through the overhead bridge, I new I had to finish the race as the finishing line was only 1km away. Thus, I increased my pace and manage to overtake around 4 runners before reaching the finishing lane.

As I reached the finishing lane, no numbers were given to me. They only award it to top 5. So I have to wait for the certificate which will be sent via mail.

My timing was 24:26 for 6km.

Finally, we headed back to KL after our breakfast as Jonker street.

No comments: