Thursday, December 9, 2010

My 1st Day at new place

When I went into the firm, the HR manager came and gave me some brochures for me to read together technical materials.

Then came in one of the partner in the firm, Esther whom was from Arthur Andersen previously to brief me abt the firm. She was kind enough to brief me abt the history of the firm, the culture and my portfolio.

The the HR manager gave me my access tag together with parking tag. She went on to introduce me to all the partners and directors and also to other managers and staffs. Though the firm has only around 150staffs with 3 partner and 6 directors, but the environment was cosy.

The managing partner was humble to bring me for lunch with other directors around me. But I didn't feel the pressure being surrounded by big shots of the firm. Maybe because they are soft spoken or gentle or professional.

Of course , I was given my own cubical, with my ext, printer, fan and laptop.

From what I had communicated with my colleagues, they had friendly environment though it's stressful but, no torturing, scolding in harsh words, acting unethically.

End of the day, I was given my portfolio of companies which I will be handling and my immediate job was to handle an IPO.

Hpoing for betterment here.

No comments: