Sunday, December 14, 2008

Long Run - 13 Dec'08- 25km

After Tuesday's rainy run, I had no training at all. So I was just waiting for the Saturday's long run. Furthermore, my weight went up to 59kg.

So I made up my mind to join Ronniefor the long run. We started well by going slow and maintaining the pace. I just followed Ronnie. We started from Bkt Aman car park and went through Bank Negara, JKR, Bkt Tunku, Hartamas stop for a while at Petronas for a pit stop. By reaching pertonas, it covered 9.67km. I ran that distance without water ok... When I reached Petronas, Ronnie went to toilet (to withdraw his deposit) and I went to the paip to refresh my self.

Then we continued our journey back to our starting point. On the way to Bkt Tunku, Ronnie spotted a snake (I couldn't see because I didn't wear my specs, lucky me)

I did feel a bit tired during hill, but I said to myself that I want to challenge myself. So i just followed Ronnie. When we reached lake gardens, the I realised, we need to do another 2 loops at lake gardens.

By the time i reached at the entrance, i was exhausted. Furthermore, the sun started shining on my head. Luckily, there was "UOB Run" going on, so Ronnie curi milo and I curi water. Then we continue our run. At first loop I tried to lead Ronnie, but he overtook me at second loop towards going out to the entrance of lake gardens. It was just 600m away from finishing line but I couldn't chase Ronnie. At the end, he finished 36seconds before me.

Whatever, I ran 25km after lapse of 2 years and completed it. Good preparation for me for GE30k. Moreover I reduced my weight to 56kg. Don't u think its a great achievement.

Suresh and Kenny Tan followed us but they didn't go through the 2 loops. So they completed on 20km.

2h 06m 04s - Ronnie
2h 06m 46s - Meyyappa
1h 42m 56s - Suresh (19.66km)
2h 02m 50s - Kenny Tan (19.66km)

I bought 100+ 500ml and finished it within 60seconds due to dehydration. Up next is Malakkof 12km on 21 Dec. Let's go for it.

No comments: