Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Gift - 30km Run -25 Dec'08

I have created a HISTORY today. I completed 30km run for the 1st time in my life. Furthermore I beat 3 favorites to finish the race (Ronnie, Naresh, Murali). However, I defy the odds by beating them.

We started with 7 people, Lai couldn't maintain the pace after 1km. So he was left out. Upon reaching Tennis Stadium, another guy was left behind. So only 5 of us were in the pelathon. We paced well by giving chance to each other to lead the group. Upon reaching Petronas, we did another 3 loops which totals 12.4km. We took 5 minutes break an continued another 8km where we went to IRB and came back to Petronas. Then we took another 5 minutes break before continuing our final 9.6km.

Me, Stanley & Ronnie started the pace by leading and Murali & naresh followed us. However, we noted they could not keep up the pace due to lack of fitness. Therefore. They stopped upon reaching Tennis Stadium and started walking.
This left with 3 of us continuing the journey to success. Me and Ronnie stopped for our final water break at final 4km while Stanley had enough endurance, energy & enthusiasm to continue the race without the water break.

Upon water break, I started off by leaving Ronnie behind me because I felt my fire was still burning to finish off the run. I led him all the way to the end point. At beginning, he was 10metres behind me, but the gap widened became 150 metre. Upon reaching, Bank Negara, I was dehydrated. I started to feel hungry since I only took 1 packet of power gel before running. ( Should have taken one more during mid race).
When I slowed down my run for the last 1km but didn't stop as my aim was to complete the run. Once I reached the finishing line, I just sat down at the pavement and feel giddy and vomit. I saw my timing was 2 hours 28minutes. Wow, 30km with that timing for 1st timer.
Finally we saw Naresh and Murali was coming in car (sapu by Lionel). I finished 3 bottles of mineral water (500ml x 3) during the run & half bottle of 100+ (1.5 liter) after the run.
I really felt satisfied and boost my confidence for GE30km next month.
Ronnie's Comment "Our final water stop was at Tijani area, which is 4km away to finish. Me n meyappan need a break liao, coz both of us almost dying, but der ultraman stanley can continue without water, cinya unbelievable. After refreshing ourself, meyappan start to press oil liao, I hv to chase him like cat n dog. Only 3 of us manage to finish sub 2'30, cinya thank you for der pacing. Now I'm cinya tired like kok, want to sleep liao! Zzzzz......"

No comments: