Tuesday, September 9, 2014

TM Fan Run - 7 Sept'14

This is my first back to back run after 4 years. I decided to take part in 5km, because:

1. It's cheaper (only rm20)
2. Need to test my timing for 5km, if I'm able to dip below 24 minutes
3. Not to push much after 10km on previous day
4. Most important, I will be getting the same medal as 10km and 15km (only difference is certificates with timing)

When the race was about to start, I was at the back, but I manage to push myself to the 1st 4 rows.
 The good thing was, We had YB KJ and Jacquelyn Victor running with us. I also wear my rudy project for 1st time for race.

When the race started, most of them tend to follow or run behind KJ, but it slowed down my pace. So, only after 500M, I manage to escape from the crowd. As the 10km started only 15minutes before us, the last row pack was in front of us.

That's where the blunder started. We got stuck in the crowd and couldn't go on fast pace anymore. This continued for the 4km, untill we reached Jalan Parlimen. Therafter, I shoot off to the finishing line.

The entire road was for me as the leader of the race sprinted ahead of me. I knew I was either 2nd or 3rd place.

When I reached the finishing line, there were no placing tag. Only then, i realised, it was just fun run and no placings. Damn..

Anyway, it will be the same route for 2XU run. So at least I got to know the route and places to fast.



No comments: