Monday, September 22, 2014

2XU Run

I didn't want to presure myself with too many long distance running. Thus, I took part in 5km, it's my first race for 2XU.

Though it's one of the expensive race, but the goodies were good for the package we pay. I also wear the new compression tights and socks given in the goodie bag.

I was there early to have adequate warm up. As the race started, i followed the starting pack with gap of 50M. It was uphill at the beginning itself, followed by another short one at 2km. At 1km, I ensured I'm in the top 10 group. After2km, I couldn't see leaders exept for the person in front of me.

I was in the same pace as beginning. I tries to increase it after 3km but couldn't. Maybe, need to do more speed work. There were adequate marshals and even water station plus distance marker.

The things which I wasn't comfortable was, using the same route without any barrier in between. Luckily I was in the front group, so didn't mix much with the slow runner group. Nevertheless, when we reached the entrance of lake gardens, we had to mix with 10km runners and 21km runners. So I had to squeeze in between to go to finishing line. I was satisfied with my timing of 18:51 with placing of 8. It's just almost 3 minutes between me and the winner. But winner, Navin is a current sukma athlete, so he is in form to produce results.

My next run will be pink run next sunday.




No comments: