Sunday, September 28, 2014

Pink Run - 28 Sept'14







One of my target for 2014 was to do below 5minutes pace for a 5km race. Finally I achieved it. For this race i was with my garmin watch and rudy project specks. As this is my last race before my marathon, just wanted to ensure, it's not a poor performance.

As the race started, I followed the leading pack. That made me to dry my energy because I went on 4 minute pace. Thereafter, I slowed to 4;30, and the rest just overtook me. That made my aim of getting into top 10 going into smoke. But I ensured I'm in the top 20.

The route was flat with 2 flyover, which is uphill. But being in a fast pace mode, I could not reduce my pace to more than 5 mins.

It was good, that there was 1 water station and clear signage with marshals. The route was around setia alam housing area. I have ran there 2 years ago. almost 3km, we were running together with 12km runners. But we didnt face any congestion, as the road was wide and we were running with middle group.

As we reached the last flyover, that's the last km, and i was just looking for the welcome centre building. I could see signages, setia city mall. Only last 500M, I could see the welcome centre building.

I tried pushing, but could only close the gap. The 1st placing in ladies category was around 200M in front of me.

Though I was not placed in top10,but I was happy with my timing of 23:06 and got into top 20.

Good thing was, I manage to catch picture with Miss Malaysia 2010, Tanuja Ananthan and Super model, Marion Caunter.

Time to focus on my marathon after this.

No comments: