Monday, September 8, 2014

Larian MAKSAK - 6 Sept'14

This run used to be held at Lake gardens in moderate manner, but now been upgraded to Putrajaya in a grandiose manner. I was trying for a back to back race, just to cover the mileage. As the prizes were cash, mist of the top runners were there.

I reached the place 1 hour before the event and started my warm up. Although Putrajaya is far, the place has enough space for parking and warm up and wide road. I started the race at 3rd row and started well by following the leading group. The crowd only broke after 3km. I saw Chen Pong pong , stanley and Jessica in front of me.

I followed them. The pace kept increasing. After 4km, I overtook Stanley but kept following Jessica. Then, at middle point, Jessica had a muscle pull, so she slowed down, but I continued to follow Chen Pong Pong. The route is basically flat, but to add the toughness, the flyovers where the obstacles.

Initially, I thought they will ask us to take u-turn after the 1 t-junction, but they ask us to run at the highway and take bigger circle.At 6km, I overtook Pong Pong and increased my pace. When the crow joined the 7km and 5km runners, I was disturbed, but they disbursed at the last 1km.

Towards last km, I overtook a Pahang runner, but at last 200M, he overtook me again. Looks like I need to train my sprinting. I knew I was in top 50, furthermore, running with good runners. My timing was 47:28.

The next day is Fan Run. Hope I should recover.

No comments: