Sunday, May 12, 2013

People's Assembly at Kelana Jaya on 8 May

This is my 2nd time for such assembly after Bersih 2.0.

After my Toastmasters meeting which was at LDP, I could see the jam from The Curve at 8pm it self. LDP was jammed, thus, I took NKVE. Supprisingly, NKVE was also jammed from PJ exit onwards. The beauty part was, even the TOLL was blocked because of jam.

Public just parked at the side of the road,highway including federal highway & LDP and walked.As I went to the entrance of the stadium around 9.30pm, it was already packed. I was merely standing at the pathway to the track. public were cheering "UBAH", "INI KALI LAH", "Malaysia is for Malaysian", "BERSIH".

I even saw Chinese and Indian people wearing PAS cloth on their forehead. Next,the people were energetic yet had the teamwork spirit. I saw few people trying to claim the fence to go to the up stairs and they were carried and help to bring this people whom were down.

I could say at least 100,000 people were there in the stadium and there were people still coming in after 10pm. As I need to prepare for the work tomorrow, I left after Nurul Izah speech. As I went out, the traffic was bad, as Police boycotted the event. Nevertheless, the rakyat became the traffic marshal and started to direct the traffic. The traffic could have been bad, but rakyat never complained about it.

Furthermore, when I walked out, I meet a senior malay guy, and he just say "Kita perlu bersatu. Kita rakyat Malaysia. Ini negara kita, bukan untuk orang lain".

What I could say is:

1. No free food or drinks
2. No door fee or allowance
3. no free t-shirt

But the rakyat came for the event because they love Malaysia, regardless of race and religion.

Police may summon 28 out of 33 speakers, but my question is what are you going to do with national newspapers which is one sided. If you are going to jail those whom went to the assembly, do you have enough jail rooms for 100,000 people.

I could see many entrepreneurs that day whom came and set up food stalls, t-shirt, mask, trumpet stalls. They made good sales and they didn't complain. Why is our current government is complaining so much? 

No comments: