Sunday, June 17, 2012

Team Malaysia Fan Run 17 Jun'12

It's my 1st run for the year. I have been on long rest and doing a bit of training for runs. Thus, I took a risk to try out the feeling as next week will be KL Marathon. I have already feeling slight pain on calf during my warm up. Thus, I decided to take it easy and jog all the way as everyone gets a finisher medal.

It started at 8am, could have started earlier, although it's only 7km. I have a personal best of 29 minutes at this route and normally I will do average of 35 minutes. But today I took 45:02 minutes, although I was jogging.

As the race started I went slow. Then I saw Suresh and Thurei at Bank Negara so I followed them. Upon reaching the Bkt Tunku, I started to feel the pain, thus I slowed down. There were 3 water stations, which was adequate for the hazy situations.

When we reach, Parlimen, it started to be a heavy down pour and I was basically soaked. The rain was supposed to be the acid rain, but it reduced my dehydration.

The godie bag and t-shirt was worth it for the amount that we paid.

My next run will be  KL marathon. Another jogging event for me.

No comments: