Sunday, October 17, 2010

MIZUNO RUN - 17 Oct

Me with Ultra-marathoner Jeff Ooi

Going the final hill

Medal Back version


Medal Front Version

My 2nd experience running in UPM after 4 years. I didn't knew the route as I didn't take part last year. I knew it will be chalengging as it's organised by Pacesetters whom always adds the spice to the soup.

But something screwed with the tournament is the bib distribution. They didn't state the exact location at UPM for the collection. That made me to go round and round and finally asked the security guard.

Due to a lot of participants, the starting lane was like "sardin tin". I had to start from outside. I started slow and that made some of the runners to break the gap from me.

Suddenly saw Hamidon, Alam Shah, Wah Sing and Kenny Tan overtaking me. But I just maintained my pace. As the ladies started before us, i had to run zig zag zt certain point of the race.

It was good that they had 2 water station, as I can feel the humid half way of the race. The route was hilly (up and down hills). The finishing will be the remarkable as it was uphill at final 500M and last 200M is the track.

I manage to overtake 2 runners at the uphill and another 2 of them at the track. At the finishing lane, I was awarded the medal and collected the goddie bag which was filled with musle cream, 7up revive can and mineral water bottle.

My timing was 50:14. Though I didn't target for this run, but it boosted my confidence to do better for Penang Bridge.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

@Congruts bro...Go ahead.. 1 day will company you for the roadrace...