Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Larian Patriotik - 30 Aug'10



This is the first night race for me to start at 10pm. I rushed from my office at 7.30pm and manage to reach there by 8.30. Had short chat Suresh and the rest before the race starts.

As the race started, as usual, I did't push at the beginning and just followed Amutha from behind. The race was within the klang town, as we need to go through the dust and smoke of the city. The trafic was not properly controlled and there were inadequate trafic police to control the congestion.

After 3km, the guy whom paced Amutha, was not able to continue, thus I had to pace her. There were no proper street lights / signages along the running route, which sway some of the runners to different directions. Some even took short cut to finish the race.

I thought the route would be easy, till we came to Taman Bandar Diraja Klang, where it was hilly and also the Klang Bridge which took off much of my energy.

As the stadium gets nearer to 1km, Amutha increased the pace and told me that it's getting to finishing, so I also pushed and pulled her till the finishing lane.

Thank god, I got 20th position with timing of 30:56.

Then I realised, Amutha got 2nd placing and a amatuer girl got the 1st placing. We noticed that she took the wrong route by skipping the brigdge which enable her to finish ahead of all the girls.
Looks like the marshals did a "screwed" up job. Furthermore, I missed the water staion along the way as it was hidden and also at the finishing lane, there were only 3 counters to cater for 500runners. Damn.

Some runners never even got their Certificate of participation. Dont tell me the goverment dot even have money to print that 10cents worth of certificates.

No comments: