Sunday, August 1, 2010

SHAPE Night Run - 31 July 2010

I'm running this race without proper training as I got stuck with work matters during the week. Furthermore, I was in fear I may finish without a medal since the competition provides only 75medals for my category. Furthermore, with my performance during Siemens Run by only managing 49th place with absence of runners whom attended Ipoh and Bkt Jalil Run made me to ponder whether I'm in proper condition or not.

Whatever, I won't know till I perform. Since it's at Putrajaya, I had to leave at 6pm from my house. It was about to rain, thus I had to go by car. I decided to go through MEX highway since it's shorter and cheaper compare to NKVE.

As I reached Crown Princess, the jam started. It took me to 20 minutes to clear the traffic. I was worried if I would be late. Upon clearing the traffic and going through the highway, I just pressed the oil till it reached 140km/h. Manage to reach the place before 7pm.

Parked the car and rushed to baggage area to keep my bag, then came to starting line with Suresh, Naresh, Guna and Amutha.

The race started and I went on moderate pace. I saw Daniel Tan at first km and he said that we did below 4minute for 1st km. That's fast. I just maintained the pace and thought the route would be flat. But only when I realise at the bridge, it was hilly.

We went through the Putrajaya Convention centre where Aiswarya Rai, Rajinikanth and AR Rahman was there. At certain places, there weren't adequate lighting. Don't know whether they have switched it off or no lights were installed.

After 3km, my pace was slowing down, but saw Amutha behind me. So I paced her for next 5km. There were adequate water station at every 2.5km which enable me to be hydrated. Furthermore, with humid environment.

Then I felt like my body was heavy because extra storage of water. So I took a pit stop to 'p**s' and continued the race. When I took the pit stop, 5 runners passed by me but I overtook them back within next 1km.

Then, I saw Kenny Tan overtaking me. I couldn't follow his pace so I went on my own. But still manage to catch Amutha. When it came to final 1km, we had to make a circle at High Court. That made me to be demotivated, and Amutha left me. But I ensured nobody overtakes me after that.

When I did the final turning, I went into the wrong lane. But the official didn't say anything. Luckily there was another official shouted at me and asked me to get into the other lane.

When I was reaching the finishing lane, I heard people clapping and cheering for me. At finishing lane, the official gave me a card and saw "33". Thank god. I made it into top 75 and finished with a medal and defy the odds of rumors saying that I will go back without medal.

The goodies bag given was fantastic, with shampoos, Nature's Valley Biscuit, muscle cream, vitamins, mineral water, apple and 7up revive.

Only screwed up thing was, there was only 2 lane for isotonic drinks when there are more than 5000people at the venue. Luckily we had our mineral water bottle with us. The medal was also damn small.

Now going to rest so that I will recover for my RAT Race on Tuesday.

No comments: