Wednesday, August 4, 2010

RAT RACE 2010 - 3 Aug 2010




It's my 3rd time attempting the race. The race was suppose to start at 5pm but started at 5.15. As I started, the bankers came from the back led by K.Baskaran. I just allowed them to overtake me (7of them) as I'm not going to kill myself.

My aim was to improve my position and try to get into top ten this year. After 1 km, one of the chap ayam runner overtook me. I didn't bother and maintained my pace. The race as as if I'm running in fire. So damn heat. Furthermore, with office pants.

I carried water bottle as I know it's going to be heat. When I reached at KLCC, They gave water bottle and we had to open our self. When I was going towards, KLCC, 3 other guys from some banks overtook me.

I didn't pressure myself. When, it comes to Menara Weld, I knew I had only 1km more to go. So I pushed myself and overtook all four runners whom overtook me before.

Then I never looked back and just shooted to winning lane. During the race I saw, Ambank, CIMB and Maybank supported along the way. I just wonder if my company had that.

Upon reaching finishing lane, I saw my timing was 20:42. Decent timing and manage to get into top 10 of the race (4th placing actually). My best placing ever in Rat Race.

Nice dinner yesterday with nasi lemak, roti jala and satay.

No comments: