Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Energizer Night Run

This is my 1st night race for the year.

I left my house at 6.15pm and took 1 hour to reach there. The weather was really humid. I just wonder how the marathon runners could take it. I took part in 10k as I ont have enough mileage coverage and dont want to do too much of long races.

As I was warming up, I met Kei Ming and hot girl from CIMB. We were warming up together. As the race started, I was with leading pack as most good runners were in the 21km and 42km category. Thus, I was in the top 10 from the beginning.

I paced a red shirt guy. I started to feel thirsty at first 3km itself and stopped at all water station (3of them) to drink. Never in my life i did that for 10km run.

Apart from that, I thought, It will be a flat route. But after 2km, the disaster started where there were 3 hilly situations occurred.

Damn, I felt like there's fire at my buttox. It was burning. There were no proper distance marker. Therefore, I didnt know what was the distance left. Untill the final juntion, I heard the chinese drum players, Thus i started to increase my pace and finished the race with bang.

My timing was decent with 42:17 with 6th placing. Missed by 3 places for trophy.

Hope to do better in Cap Ayam race on 18th Apr.

No comments: