Sunday, January 3, 2010

Pacemaker New Year Run, Jan 1, 2010











As I finished the year with a bang, I wanted to start the new year with a bang also. After coming back from new year celebration at 2am, I had lack of sleep as need to get up at 6am. I just had a glass of Long Island as I didn't want to have the same misery as last year of dehydration.

The route was definitely challenging with the staircase, striving till 7th floor. I started slowly and knew 4th place was already in my had as the favourites were Richard (Malaysian Negro). Jasni and Wern Tien. However, I was out of top 10 at the beginning as I started slowly. I picked up my pace and overtook many at 2nd loop and even overtook Wern Tien. But he caught me back at 3rd loop and vanished after that.

Then came Kenny Tan, at 3rd loop going towards final loop, but he also vanished after the water station. Thus I was alone. I used the back runners as my pacers and finished off the race gallantly at 4th placing.

Thanks to the vest that I was wearing, which was given during Shah Alam Race. It was fitting and sweat just flow down.

The route was good where it manage to break the pelathon. As usual the goodies were there, plus trophy for me and beautiful medal. Perhaps, the race could have been held at evening or night as it allows people to enjoy their New Years' eve more purposefully.

Whatever it is. it was a great start for the New Year. Hoping for more victories to come.

No comments: