Monday, January 11, 2010

Kelab Penembak Run 15km - 10 Jan

Another race in Klang. I have never been to this area before. So, I just wanted to explore Meru (Klang). This race is part my New Balance 20km(17/1) training.

I had lack of sleep as I went to bed at 12am due to my job workload and Toastmasters. I had to wake up at 4.15am as I was worried if i go into different route.

I didn't had a proper dinner the day before and just took half of the power bar as breakfast. When I reached the place, I started to feel hungry again. Luckily, I saw banana, so I grab 2 piece before my race.

The place was cold as it was surrounded by estates. Damn, the place got no street lights, I didn't even know wheter the road is stable or not.

As the race started, I went slow, thus I followed Kei Ming. He really paced me well. Certain points, he left me at the back, that made me to put in extra effort to catch him. The runners were saying that it's a hilly route.

But when I went through it, I really the hill was really steep. There were 5 of them for one way, so we had to U-turn and come back on the same way, which added another 5 slopes.

Kei ming got tired at mid point, thus this left me alone running for the next half. Thus I used people in front of me as my pacers . When I saw the 2nd last hill, I increased my pace and manage to overtake 5 of them towards finishing line.

I couldn't sprint at downhill as it was really steep. Anyway, it was good experience, exposure and training for me for the upcoming run.

My running freinds results:
1'02.18 - Casey Lim Khon Seng (6th)
1'08.32 - Naresh Kumar, Pm37 (13th)
1'11.14 - Stanley Cheong, Pm53 (18th)
1'14.04 - Gunaselan Rajagopal, Pm39 (20th)
1'17.30 - Meyyappa Manickam, Pm58 (25th)
1'23.23 - Wong Kei Ming, Pm55 (41st)
1'24.50 - Ghejanthran (45th)
1'26.15 - Suresh, Pm47 (50th)
1'40.56 - Nazib Ngainin, Pm14 (102nd)

No comments: