Saturday, January 2, 2010

1 Mile Dash Run - 31 Dec'09

This is my 1st time taking part in such race. As I missed the Malakkof and Chin Woo Biathlon, I wanted to finish the year with a bang.

I reached Dataran Merdeka and parked my bike there and kept my stuffs at Royal Selangor Club. I changed to my running attire and started jogging at the middle of the city, running towards, Sheraton Hotel. Some of the passersby looked at me like one kind as I was jogging at middle of the city at night.

I didn't bothered about that. Before the race, though i knew the race going to be tough where my age category contains stars such as naresh, Murali, Guna, Ronnie, and Stanley,I still had the feelings that I can be placed in top 20.

When the race started, The front group led by Jasni and Murali broke from the crowd and sprinted all the way. I tried to pace Guna, but some how couldn't push myself. But I still maintained my pace and increased it when I reached Coliseum.

Suddenly, 2 guys came from the back and overtook me at the final 100M.

However, I finished 11th and manage to get my final medal for the year. Upon announcement, I realised that I'm in 10th position as Jasni was disqualified.

No comments: