Sunday, January 17, 2010

New Balance 20km - 17 Jan'09

Last year, I took part in 30km, but this year just 20km as I'm not concetrating for marathon races. I didnt take any breakfast as I wacked 5 pieces of pizza yesterday. Just tookm Red Bull and started the race.

I started slow as I wasnt rushing to do better timing. Thus I followed Suresh. After 2km, he slowed doen as he needed to pace another person. Thus I started to break from the slow moving group. Upon reaching Hoki Stadium, I broke from the slow moving group, but that left me alone because The font runner was 200M away from me and behind runner was 100M away. As I entered into hartamas, meet a malay dude, Syafiq and we paced each other from there till Tugu Negara.

At bukit Tunku, we joined the 30km and 10km runners which made the road to be crowded. But we didnt bother and just overtook them.

When we reached Tugu, Syafiq slowed down, and I had to run alone again. But I knew that Im just 1km away from finishing lane. Thus I increased my pace and maange to catch another guy in front of me. But he started sprinting, when he saw me. But it lastet only for 100M. Then, I overtook him and sprinted till the finishing lane.
I clocked 1:35:39.
There were no isotonic drinks distributed after the race or even power gel during the race.
The medal looks like car number plate.
My next race will be Putrajaya night race where i will take part in the relay. Gearing for it.

No comments: