Saturday, August 8, 2009

Area B1 Humorous Contest - 8th Aug

After dissapointment from last weeks contest, I prepared myself to perform better. I reviewed my script and added more humor lines as it was not funny enough.
Today morning I reviewed the script and rehearsed the main lines so that I wont forget. Then I watched Steven Fernando's to get use to the momentum.

I knew that my main contender will be Dennis, the defending Champion. When I reached there, I realised that that there were only 4 contestants: Dennis (DU), Jamilah (MAS), Jess (UNITAR) and myself.

I knew 2nd placing is in my hand as my target was to get top 2. But at 1 moment I tought of grabbing the championship title as I relised Dennis presentation is more dramatised and the content is not that strong.

I was the final contestant and when I presented my speech, my flow was just natural. I never feel the nervousnes. The audience laughed. I was confident after my presentation that top 2 is in my hand. I had to skip some points due to time factor.

When the results was announced, I got 1st Runners up. Then I knew Dennis will be the champion and as guessed the was. But I did realised that I had close fight with him and I jusyt need to practise more to polish my speech.

However, Im glad that I didnt end up 3rd placing as I did in previous 3 attempts, 2005,06&07.

I will start preparing for my International Speech from next week onwards to ensure I can beat Dennis and become Division Champion.

No comments: