Sunday, July 26, 2009

Larian Puncak Bkt Antarabangsa 26 July'09

I ahve never run at this place before. In fact, I never even came and look after the landslide tragedy. I came yesterday to survey the place and to know the route. I realise, the route was very hilly with steep hills.

As I left the house, I started to rain like cats and dogs at half way point. I had to wait like 15minutes. The race was suppose to start at 7pm. So when I looked at my watch, it was 6.50am. The rain didnt stop, so I just whack in the rain with my rain coat and reached there at 7.05am. But the race was not started yet as all of them were waiting for the rain to stop.

I didnt strech at all and never even apply my muscle cream. When the race started at 8am, I just saw around 100 of them at my category. As usual, I was with Veronica (Hot Portugese Girl). She stays there, so she has the home ground advantage.

When ther race started, the front pack just got of with fast & Furious start. One stupid old man came and stopped his bike between the runners. I just shouted at him " Puk***" and run away.

It was steep down hill for the 1st 400M and the front pack just left me. Then it started to go uphill. I tried to maintain my pace at uphill and at certain point theer were flat routes. Thus, I tried to close the gap / overtake the person in fron of me. As the uphill going more steep, Stanley and 3 other Malay guys overtook me. I just maintained my pace behind them as my strategy was to overtake them at final 500M.

Suddenly, when we reached the Petronas, the marshal asked us to stop and told us that we were at finishing line already. What the heck? there were no proper distance marker and the finishing was at juction and not straight road.

My placing was 16th. Then I realise, the distance was not 7km and it was around 5km. My pacing was for 7km. Crap.

Anyway, still amange to finish within top30 and came back with a medal.

My running mates results:
26'45 - Naresh Kumar, Pm37 (7th)
26'51 - Vincent Wong, Pm10 (8th)
27'04 - Gunaselan, Pm39 (9th)
00'00 - Ben Swee, Pm50 (10th)
28'17 - Stanley Cheong, Pm53 (12th)
28'22 - Meyyappa Manickam, Pm58 (16th)
31'01 - Ghejanthran (20th)
33'19 - Teh Seong Yee (24th)

No comments: