Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Holiday @Krabi, Thailand

















After Hectic Work combined with Toastmasters and my Marathon Training for 1st months, I really needed a BREAK. Furthermore, Inever had chance to go "Honeymoon" since I had to report back to work after my wedding.

So I made use of my free time to gor for holidays. The best part, my manager and partner ask us go for leave to freshen ourself. I was surveying for good place to relax. Initiallt I thought of going Langkawi. But it's at Malaysia and I can go there anytime.

Since it's the 1st outing with my wife, I would like to go somewhere special. Then I thought of Bali, But I have been there, so I surveyed from my frens and the majority answers were "Krabi"

Immediately I decided and booked my flight ticket. "Lets Go Krabi".

I surveyed through internet on the nice places to visit and hotels. But realy had no idea wher im going to stay, or activities to do although I had rough ideas via internet.

When I reached the Krabi Airport, which is just 1/3 of our LCCT, there was an information counter. I approached them to ask for details of Hotel. They suggested me a hotel with good rate and location.

The hotel was good with seaview. The whole area was filled with tourist and important part no traffic jam.

1st Day

-Just relax at room watching DVD and walk around the shops and survey what to eat and shop.


-Went to Indian Restaurant for Dinner.

-Went for Nice Thai Foot Massage which was only 200Bath(RM21)

2nd Day

-Went to Phi Phi Island Tour. It's an island tour which covers 8 islands. The waters were Crystal clear that i can even see the fish swimmming around me. I also did snorkeling (1st time in my life) and the experience was just fantastic. I saw colorful fishes "live" which normally I see in aquariums and the stones.

We also witness Monkey's drinking Coke at a island called "monkey Bay".

We enjoyed the colors of sea which changes from Light Green to Dark Green and Blue.

-Went to Italian restaurant and ate pizza.

-Walk along the Ao Nang Beach

-Shopping along the beach shops.

Day3

-Went to Elephant tracking. The elephant took us a ride around the jungle for an hour.

-bath at Waterfall with strong water force

-Tiger Cave - this caves has temple at the top of the mountain. You have to climb staircase(1235 steps). The steps were quite steep, where we had to climb side ways. It was definetely a challenge for my wife as she didnt experienced it before. Although, an active person will climb within half hour but I had to guide my wife and motivate her so that she will finish the challenge. Though she was nearlly to quit half way point, be she took the courage to finish the task.

Upon reaching the top, we saw big Buddha statue and the scenery was nice at the top of the hill where we can see the whole Krabi.

-Went to Krabi Fishery Centre where there were "Nemo" fish and siakap and other fishes preserved for fishermen.

Went to Mcd for Dinner. taste was good but expensive compare to Malaysia.

Day4

-Rented motorcycle for 150Bath for 24hours and went to Krabi Town just by using the map. Manage to cover the whole town in 3hours and did shopping at hypermarket called "Big C".

-Took lunch at KFC which was also expensive (199Bath for 2 person).

- Dinner at a road side stall along the Ao nang beach which costed only 35Bath and iceblended fruit juice for 20Bath.

-Sice it was friday nite, I went clubbing and had a vodka lime.

Day5

-Checkout and back to Kuala Lumpur
Summary:
-Good place for snorkeling, kayaking, scuba diving
-can just relax yourself after long hours of work
-no traffic jam and people dont rush for things
- nice and cheap local delicacies
-good place for shopping for cloths and statues.
-Really Cheap alcohols



No comments: