Sunday, May 17, 2009

New Balance 15km - 17 May'09

Since I didn't do any mileage this week, I thought of joining Ronnie and the team for additional tarining today prior to the race. I joinedthem half way through for 3 loops only. The rest did 7 loops.

We were well warmed, but we had to start from the back as the front rows weer packed with runners. I was stuck right at the middle and upon flag off, the people started walking.

"Excuse me, it's a Run, not a walk" . Therefore I couldn't move out from the croud till the Bukit Aman. Then only, i started overtaking people. However, the front group widened the gap. Thus I was left behind. When I was at Bank Negara, I sawRonnie, but due to his tirednes, he aks me to go first.

Although I started from the back, I never allowed anyone to overtake me. Whoever overtakes me in between, I ensure myself to catch them back. This was an encouargement for me as I can see pelathons infront me and when I overtake them, my placing jumps atleat by 5 spots each time.

The beauty of the race is, it's definely a chalelnging route with many hilly task and the organisers doesn't stick to one particuylar route every year as they tends to cahge it annualy to make the race interesting.

I maintaned the pace and and increase steadyly tyil finishing line. The best part was, I overtake 2 person atthe last 50metre of the race.

Overall, I did 15.11km plus 6.69km which comes to 21km sub. The timing of my race was 1:14.10. Altough I expected more, but it was another learning curve for me.

My next race would be "The Night Race".

No comments: