Monday, May 11, 2009

BOMBA RUN - 10 May'09

This is my 1st ever time running back to back Road Race on 2 consecutive days. My calfs were aching, but I applied muscle cream to tone it down.

When I arrived at the venue, I saw Veronica (Hot Portuguese Girl) . So I was chatting with her till 6.50pm. My mind was relaxed. Then I did a short warm up before going to the starting line. My target was to finish within top 75.

The flag off was performed by Minister of Housing & Local Goverment, Datuk Kong Cho Ha. Upon flagging off, everyone ran as if there's hurricane chasing them. I thought they would stop after 1 or 2 km but the group just continued running. I would probably placed among top 200 at that moment. I couldn't push much as I could feel my tiredness while running.

Runners who normally I sayur (i.e Kenny Tan, Nazib, Fazli) just overtook me and went in front. Upon reaching the water station, my legs were reluctant to move. I just took small steps towards the hill till the Indian High Commission. Eventually, Suresh overtook me. That really brought down my motivation to run.

Then I realised. If I were to continue this pace, I will be back empty handed. Thus, I increased my pace by getting near to my front group and overtook them. Upon that I never allowed anyone to overtake me. My mind was just to overtake as many as possible. I manage to overtake Nazib, Fazli and Suresh before Parliament.

When I reached Parliament, I tried to follow the pace of my front group due to the uphill course. Upon that, I just went on my pace by having the school kids as my motivation to finish the race. When I crossed the line, I received the 52nd. Thank God. I manage to finish within top 75. My timing was 49:16.

It was a learning moment for me. I will never ever take part in back to back race.

My running mate's results:

38'56 - Richard Habeya, Pm26 (11th)
44'55 - Naresh Kumar, Pm37 (27th)
47'27 - Stanley Cheong, Pm53 (36th)
48'52 - Kenny Tan, Pm27 (50th)
49'16 - Meyyappa, Pm58 (52nd)
49'30 - Lee Weng Khong, Pm35 (57th)
49'42 - Suresh, Pm47 (58th)
49'44 - Zulazlan Shah, Pm43 (59th)
49'49 - Bong Teck Yong (60th)
49'50 - Thurai Sarasaidy (61st)
51'05 - Nazib Ngainin, Pm14 (72nd)
53'48 - Frank Chong, Sub Pm6
54'21 - William Chan, Pm36
62'22 - William Tan

No comments: