Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2013 in review

It was up and down as usual for the year. Nevertheless, there were several matters/incidents took place which definitely a history or achievement for me.

Meeting with VIP
This year I had privileged to meet the Youth &Sports Minister YB Khairy Jamaluddin, my area member of parliament, YB Tian Chua and CEO of MAS,  Ahmad Jauhari. It's not that I merely meet them at road side or at cafe, but attended the function which they were the Guest of Honor.

Overseas Speaking opportunity
Every professional speaker's desire is o travel around the world and spread their wings. It happen to me too, when I was invited as guest speaker at 2 Jakarta Toastmasters clubs. It was a great experience for me speaking in front of non-native people. Nevertheless, thereafter, I just felt I belong to them too.

Speech Contest
This was definitely icing of the cake where I achieved 2nd place in District evaluation contest which was held at Ipoh. It was my 1st ever district podium finish. In addition, I never took part in 2 Division contest at 1 go, and it happened this year when I Took part in both evaluation and humorous speech contest in Division B and achieving championship for evaluation contest and 3rd place for humorous. Of course all this through double area champion for Area B3 for same contest.

President Distinguished Division
It was a dream come true when I achieved this award, which put the division among the elite division in the district. Furthermore, being the 1st male and Gen-Y Division B governor to achieve it is another icing to it. I also manage to sustain the achievement for 7th time as President Distinguished Division Governor.

12 hours walk
I have taken part in walkathon and big walk. But it was my 1st time walking for 12 hours. Although I walked for only 9:30hours, nevertheless, I walked for 50km which was an achievement for me without sleep.

Marathon
It was my 1st time taking part in 2 marathon in the same season, moreover, 1st Penang Bridge Marathon. Though both marathons I struggled due to lack of fitness, overweight and reduced mileage, but I still made it to finishing line.

Career
Of course it's a important matter for a man, I did secured a safe, secured and stylish place for my career which made me to do things which I have never done before. I always wanted an overseas stint and just nice I got it this year where I was based in Jakarta for 3 months and traveled to Singapore for Regional meeting and training.

Tanggathon
I'm used to climb staircase at Batu Caves. But climbing for more than once is a challenge. And I overcame it by climbing for 6 times.

EMCEE
After 3 years, I got another chance to be Emcee for Malays wedding where I need to speak in Bilingual. It was another exposure for me.

Travelling
I would say it was a high flying year for me as I had to fly to Jakarta for 3 times, Singapore 3 times, Medan once, and Langkawi once. Never in my life I fly more than twice in a year and this year it was 8 times.

Running
When 2012 was my bleak year where I only took part in 4 races, 2013 was better where I took part in 13 races. It's definitely an improvement, because my total mileage for 2013 is at least 10 times more than 2012.

Of course finally, I had 221 blog post compared to 183 in 2012, which was also the highest in my 5 years of blogging.. 

No comments: