Sunday, November 24, 2013

The fruit of my hardwork as Division Governor






After working tirelessly for 1 year (even more of includes campaigning and pre-works), It's good to receive the award and more over to be nominated as 1 of the best Division Governors for the term.

Even before I started the term, there were council member resigned from the team. I took to positively, as i already expected huge challenges throughout the term. I had to be like iron-man, to be able to handle may rods at the same time.

There were club closed even without notifying me, members reluctant to come out from their comfort zone or think differently, non-proactive members and even worse, try to bring back issues which happened 2 years ago, so that I will loose focus.

Nevertheless, I had strong friends (i'm saying this because, they lend their shoulder during my challenging time). Division B is a unique division, where you have 29 clubs from 5 states. So special attention need to be given to them.

Sometimes, I will just wonder, why did I put myself into this. But then, to be a corporate leader, you need to go through all this hurdles and made me a stranger person and able to flex my muscle to carry heavier weights.

Putting in the theme at "Breaking Barriers", i broke the tradition of female leaders and became the 1st male leader, 1st gen-y leader and also 1st district podium finisher for the division.

Thanks to my council members, especially, Emil and victor whom gave me the right directions when needed.

I told my team, you would not be a special person, if you merely copy last term's leader, but of curse, some reluctant to change. But I left it to them to gauge their leadership, as true leadership will leave marks and people would remember, even you have vacated the post. Just like Mahathir and Mandela.

Anyway, I have proven to many people, that I too can lead and achieve glory, as tiger woods mum said"let you golf stick to speak". There were even a club member shouted at me during a club meeting, but I was patient and smile, and just thought that "Dogs bark at unknown people and if you keep looking at barking dog, you would not reach your destination".

Of course finally, when you clean your house drain, there will be definitely have few mosquito to bite you, just don't bother and keep cleaning it, else, you house drain would not be clean.

Now I'm happy that I have received the President Distinguished Award and sustain the same feat over least 7 years. Receiving the award from Ramdas Nair and I told him, what ever happened, I have made it. He hugged me and congratulated for the achievement. Thereafter, many wishes from people from North, south and central on the achievement as young leader.

Hero is always a Hero, wherever he goes.... 

No comments: