Monday, August 6, 2012

Loss the match but Won the heart & mind.



If shopping complex and cineplex was not doing well yesterday night, it's only for one reason, where the entire nation was at home or restaurants supporting and cheering for 1 human being named, Lee Chong Wei.

After nail biting game he lost and surrendered to the superiority of Lin Dan. It was a repeat of 2008 Olympics final. This time Chong wei ws more prepared. It was more agony for Chong Wei, who had to play second fiddle to Lin Dan yet again, losing 21-15, 10-21, 19-21 in a 79-minute thriller.


Chong Wei already created history by winning 2 Olympic medals. It would have been better if he would have won the gold medal.

I never missed the final matches involving Malaysian since 1992. But yesterday, I was travelling from Kuala Terengganu and left only at 5pm. I knew I will be missing the match, but i had a reason behind it. Whenever I miss Chong Wei's match, he will win. So I thought, this would repeat yesterday.

When I reach home, I quickly switch to ESPN for the news and saw the headlines, "China made complete sweep in Badminton". So I got to know that Chong Wei has lost his match. Then, when I saw the match and read the reviews, I got to know from the viewers that it was tough fight.

Though I don't expect him to win gold, but he made a superb performance with qualifying for final and loosing in rubber game with situation that he was injured 3months ago.

Maybe we need to wait for another 12years for another medal, but the question is who is the next LCW?
He told sorry to malaysians but for me we are the one should say sorry to you as we fail to share the burden with you.


No comments: