Friday, August 31, 2012

Do I really feel independent?

Mahatma Gandhi said, "When a lady wears kilos of gold around her and walks around the city alone and comes back as how she went out. That's what you call independence."

Today, if I were to go out, I will have fear that:

a) a road bully may hit me
b) a thief could rob me
c) a serial rapist could attack lady drivers and passerby
d) bank account got hacked and robbed
e) email account and facebook got hacked
f) money laundering among powerful people

On other side, we are still depending on:

a) foreign made goods
b) foreign workers
c) financial assistance from world bank
d) dependence on Singapore, China and US to buy our products

When will Malaysia be fully self sustainable country with less corruption and crime, that's when I will really declare that Malaysia has Merdeka.

No comments: