Monday, January 9, 2012

My sweat and tears started to reap

It was September 2010, when Mr.Kamarul (Partner, Deloitte Malaysia & advisor for the club) gave me the task to revive the club as the Vice President of Education cum acting President. I told him, I will do my level best to get new members and start the meeting going on after long break.

When, it came to July 2011, Mr.Kamarul gave me the honour and challenge to lead the club and to get it back to its hey days like 3 terms ago. It was me and haslini whom took the challenge then assisted by Kwoon Yuen (my current VPE).

The tough part was:
1. to get new members to the club and sustain them.
2. getting them to have the patriotism and ownership towards the club
3. to have adequate role players for every meeting
4. to have members to do speeches

after 6 months of pushing members and motivating them, we have reached charter strength of 20 members and DCP goals of 6, which brings us to Distinguished Club Status.

It's half way through and I need to maintain the momentum to bring the club forward.

My friend said, "When you clean the drain at your home, definitely there will be mosquitoes biting you. Just ignore and carry on cleaning. Else, we wont get it cleaned".

So whatever rumours and emails (on negative publicities), I encourage you all to continue to do it as I'm treating it just as mosquito bites. 

No comments: