Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2011 Review

It's definetely a rocky year for me, but at the end I realise how strong was I after going through the hurricane.

Career
It's the year where I finally decided to move into commercial line after 5 years of auditing. I could say that's a sweet ending. At the begging U had to face challenges by incompetent audit clients, irresponsible junior staffs whom made me to perform their task and getting scolded at least twice a week from my bosses. I had to stay back late almost every weekday for the 1st 6months and worked at least 1 weekend every week. This includes working during public holidays i.e Chinese New year and Awal Muharam.

Whatever it is, I proved myself and to my previous manager (hope she reads this) by managing 40 over clients including 3 listed companies. in 2010, I was given verdict that I'm not fit to handle listed company, but put ash on their faces by handling UOA REIT, Goodway Rubber and AISB.

I also learnt much on recent updates on Accounting and Auditing standards which puts me where I'm now and ensured I'm marketable with my hard skills.

Tough moments don't last but tough people do. It happen to me when interviews that I attended all were not responded except for the final one. Some even demotivated me with their sarcastic words. But rather than responding to them directly, I maintained my patience and reached to the max as I could. Well that's on career. Finally I landed on a job where work life balance is appreciated and at least I have the weekends and Public holidays for me.

Toastmasters 
It was a year where I took the challenge to move the club to the next level or revive the club. Thanks to Mr.Kamarul whom entrusted me with the task and gave full support from the behind the screen, especially during critical moments.

It was the year, where I recruited 15 members within 12 months and raised the club to charter strength by Christmas. However, there were also resignation of exco, members leaving the club, meeting without venue, clashes with exco and district officer (including negative publicity). But all this gave me the boost, tonic, courage to move forward and ensure the club goes to heights which it was during term 2007-2009.

If that's on black side, something for me which even I didn't expect was the Division title for International speech which brought me to Penang District Contest. Though I was disqualified and that became another moment to be forgotten (although some said I deserve top 2 position). But at least I can proudly walk among the Toastmasters and call myself as Division Champion. It really taught me method on speech preparation for the contest.

In addition, it was also achievement for me to grab 2 runners up title in Humor & evaluation contest, which was my personal best.

I was also the Emcee for the inaugural Klang Valley Tamil Clubs Installations which really tested my skills on humor and audience control.

Furthermore, I was 1st time in my Toastmasters journey that I attended 2 meeting on same day and both as General evaluator.

Running
It's definetly a personal achievement by achieving my personal best of 3:58 in my marathon, erasing my previous record of 4:01. In addition, I was also the pacer for the runners where, they made me as their inspiration to do better.

While in training, it's common for me to do 30km in a week, but last year, I even went up to 80km in a week which really tested my endurance and mental strength.

That achievement made me to be too comfort and I was unfit for the 2nd half of the year, which brought me to injuries and flu.

Others
1. Being invited again for special deepavali talk show
2. Meeting writer, Janakey Raman, TV host Vinoth and Jeya and FTAAA coach, Arunandy
3. Performing dance show in Penang Convention

For those whom showered with support, thank you. I will never forget it. For those whom throw stones at me, keep throwing it, because I want to show how strong I'm.

No comments: