Sunday, October 9, 2011

Sri Garden Charity Run - 9 Oct

After going easy at Adidas KOTR, I thought of pushing myself for this run. Furthermore, with few other races in Malaysia which separated the crowd, I was in thinking of going for top 10.

When I reach the place, I saw Stanley and Ghejan. Then came the nightmare when I saw Kenyans (Negro). There were 8 of them. There goes my chance of getting top 10.

When the race started, I allowed the main group to go first and followed Ghejan. The route was all flat except for 1 part where there was slight hill. There were marshals at most of the junctions except for 2 confusing junction where luckily we manage to follow the person in front of us.

Ghejan was pacing me till the Gurdhwara (Kg.Pandan). Then , I realised that there's only 2km more to finishing lane. Thus I increased my speed and overtook the white man in front of me and never looked back. Going towards finishing lane, it was at field and it was like paddy field.

I got num 15 with timing of 25:10. If minus the Kenyans, I would have been in top 10. Damn.

The goody bag was filled with 7up revive, mineral water bottle, stress ball, pen holder and sandwich.

No comments: