Monday, October 3, 2011

Adidas King of The Road - 2 Oct



Adequate training cum adequate recovery is the recipe for succesful outing of a competition. I'm still bucking up on my training. Therefore, I wanted to take it easy. As usual to show I'm taking it easy, I wear my specks.


This is my only 3rd time I'm wearing specks to run (after 10/10 run and Malakoff last year). I was stuck in the middle of the crowd and it was around 60M from the starting line. When the race started, it took around 1 minute for me to reach the starting line. Then only I started my timing. Yet, the crowd was slow and I had to jog till I reach the U turn.


Only then I started to run and followed Jeff ooi whom was dressed in his sleeping dress with duster. I followed him till the 1st toll and realised that he was slow, so I overtook him and tried to catch Hanna Bobice.


Upon reaching half mark, I realised that there were few pelathon in front of me which would enable me to move forward.


So I pushed and over took the pelathon. I even got past Gejhan and he was also slowing down. Upon reaching final 6km, I was pacing Brian Lee and followed him till the end. I got more motivated when the 10km joined us at 4km mark.



Finally, when I saw it was 800M to go, I pushed myself to max and finished the race.


The timing was 1:19.22.


The water stations were adequate at every 3km. I just felt that RM50 is too expensive though we get branded vest. At least, there should be breakfast upon the competition, rather than just the cereal which finished quite fast.

No comments: