Sunday, May 15, 2011

Money Eaters

No Money, No Honey". But they didn't know that excessive honey can turn into poison.
My car's radio system was not functioning. So I went to JC Accessories at Jalan Ipoh( same row as HSBC) to get a 2nd hand version of a radio as it may cost lesser. I was looking for SONY which is compatible to the CD changer.

When I went there, the sales man asked me to buy new one then I said I can used the CD changer. So he asked me to come back next day and asked me to pay RM50 and it cost RM80. In addition, he asked me to change the wiper. Initially I didn't want, but looking at the condition of the wiper which was damn rusty, so I changed. Then He insisted me to get the car tinted and it may cost only RM350, but I was reluctant. He said, the vision can be a problem, but I knew He is trying to get money out of me. So I just asked him to put the tinting at the top part of the front screen. It costed RM55 then he reduced to RM50.

The next day called him for the radio, and he still say on the way. Then again on Wednesday and he asked me to come on Thursday. When I went there, I was rushing as it was during lunch time. He took his own sweet time to change. Suddenly, he said that the radio he had, could not fit and so he recommended me to repair the radio, else buy new one. I just told him to fix back my old radio and asked him to refund RM50.

As typical "businessman", he bullshitted by saying the money has been given to supplier, blah blah blah. So I told him to get me something which is equivalent to RM50. So he installed tweeter. I know it may cost lesser than that but I just wanted to get out from there.

Upon installation, my volume went to max and I couldn't control it. I knew it's something to do with the wiring, but the shopkeeper again bullshitted that I need to install modulator because I have installed tweeter.

At that time, I just wanted to get out from that shop. So I quickly came out and decided to go to "Brothers" during weekend.

Brothers was recommended by my colleague and he said that don't go for 2nd hand if you are going to use it for more that 2 years.

So I went to Brothers at Kelana Jaya and got a brand new SONY and got it fixed which is compatible to to the CD changer. I had to incur additional cost for the wire cooler and also fixing charge as they subcontracted the work.

But the work was clean and no cheats. At least you may feel peaceful about the work done without any confusions or dissatisfaction.

Now I know JC means "Just Con"- The money eaters.

No comments: