Friday, May 27, 2011

GRIEF IN GREIF

As per Dictionary, GRIEF means graveyard, sorrow, pain and troubletimes.
As I'm hunting for job, I applied throygh various sources.
Finally I received a call from this company called GREIF for an interview.

I brough my stacks of certificates, just to impress the interviewers. I even get prepared for technical questions so that I won't stumble.

When I reached there, I had to wait at Security Guard house for 15minutes because nobody cam to acompany me. Then, the guard asked the sweeper to bring me to the office.

When I stepped into the office, nobody was waiting for me, so I just walked into the workstations. I realised, it was very quiet and everyone were serious.

When I asked for Ms.Zana (HR Exec), she just told me to it in the room and fill up the form. Damn, never even greet me and introduce herself. Never even smile also.

Upon filling up the form, the HR manager came (Sarita) and the same case, never greet me or welcome. Just with her harsh sound ask me to intorduce myself. She was accompanied with Finance Manager (Felix).

Her sacarstic question was:
1. Your resume shows that you are a job hopper, why should we employ you as you may hop again
2. We also work late, so you may not get your balance life.
3. You area manager, why appliying for Accountant position

Then Felix started to talk about his sad stories, saying that, I need to report to 3-4 people. I have to do SOX reporting. I have to manage the staffs (3 subordinates). Prepare report on daily manner. Handle auditor, tax agents and do budget. The best part, the subordinates are like deadwood.

I may need to work everyday, get scolding from superiors. Work around the clock.

Damn, I wanted to go into commercial, because I wanted a balance life. Looks like i wont get it.

But he said they can pay me well for what I asked.

They say they will call me should I be selected for 2nd interview. Hope they won't call me.

It's really a grave yard.

No comments: