Sunday, April 17, 2011

Energizer Night Run 2011 - 16 Apr'11

This is my 2nd time taking part in the event. Last year I took part in 10km and this year I planned to take part in 21km and plan to do my personal best. This is also my 2nd race after Bareno Run. Before, going to the venue, I was already boosted with energy where, Jia Ming, my HOT toastmaster friend was carpooling with me. Yeah!!!. I reached there around 6.45pm. Upon reaching there, 1st agony started where the parking was RM10. Damn....That's really exorbitant. Then we had to walk another 1km towards starting point. I had to deposit my bag at the baggage counter but the Que was really long and realised that only 2 volunteers were there. What the Heck? It was already time for my run, so I told Jia Ming to deposit the bag and get the tag. I had to go to toilet to reduce my weight. Then moved on to starting line. Race started on time. I just followed the leading pack and good start. Manage to pace few guys. We went out of the track to the estate area where no adequate lights. I had to depend on the runners' lights. There were adequate water stations for every 2.5km and the total distance was 10km before we move into the track. As we moved in, that's where chaos started. We were mixed with 5.5km and 11km. So the track got crowded. I thought the track would be flat but realised that it had some high slopes too. As I wanted to do personal best, I followed Susan, a old white lady but still fit. I followed her for the 1st loop, then she was missing. I manage to catch her during 2nd loop but she was still fit to break away from me at final 2km. As I finish the race, I saw my timing 1.34:38. Wow, that's my personal best. I went back with Jia Ming and had dinner with her at Bangsar. What a romantic finish. But overall it was a damn screwed up race. Why? 1. Inadequate volunteers at baggage collection area. 2. Distribution of headlamps and goodie bag was poor. 3. Inadequate headlamps, goodie bag, and medals (we pay RM50 man) 4. No proper distance marker along the track / running route 5. Only 1 water station in the track. Damn, and it was crowded by 5km and 10km runners 6. Only Gatorade was given after the race. Banana finished. No other refreshments. We had to buy it. 7. Due to insufficient bags, the officials could not control the crowd, and they started throwing the bags towards the runners. 8. Official told me that no medal and only for top5 finishers at the finishing lane. What the F***? Officials are stupid. 9. They gave ribbon, but I don't know for what purpose. 10. Nobody told me how many laps I should run or completed. 11. Marathon runners were not guided properly, so they went on wrong direction. Only good thing I saw was, there were adequate first aid officials everywhere. That's it. I wanted to talk more....But I just want to say that It was a F***ed up race. No more energizer Run. Though I got personnel best but still not satisfied. Next race id of course SCKLM.

No comments: