Sunday, April 10, 2011

Long Run - 10 April

Last weekend I was too stressed and missed the run. Then during the weekdays, I managed to do 10km twice. Thus, I decided to do a 30km on Sunday. As added bonus, it was also Pacesetters Breakfast Run, which means there will be water station and also delicious breakfast. I meet Ronnie and the team at 6.15am and we started the run. As usual, he started to increase the pace as they were going for 20km only. I just wanted to finish off the run and make it below 3hours as the previous one was 3:20. I took additional distance as I turned left and came around IRB. As I reached Hartamas Square, I turned left to do my loops. At every loop, I took the drink at water station. The volunteers were patient to wait for me for 5loops. After 5 loops, I took a 5 minutes break for my power gel and continued with the run. I looked a bit tiring, but I wanted to finish it off. At the stadium, got refreshed and realised that there were few runners ahead of me. I made them as my pacers. Getting through tijani Hill, then Bukit Tunku followed by Bank Negara hill was the real test. Finally reached the final destination and did the timing of 2:58 (includes breaks). However, no breakfast provided. Damn, I wnet with Azali for Nasi Lemak at Bkt Aman car park. Great work. Hope to do another 20km this week before Energizer Run.

No comments: